The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Music & Lyrics by William Finn, Book by Rachel Sheinkin
Directed by Robin Ann Page
Musical direction by Daniel Dekonty
October 13-15, 20-22, 27-29; Friday & Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
An eclectic group of six mid-pubescents vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime. While candidly disclosing hilarious and touching stories from their home lives, the tweens spell their way through a series of (potentially made-up) words, hoping never to hear the soul-crushing, pout-inducing, life-unaffirming “ding” of the bell that signals a spelling mistake. Six spellers enter; one speller leaves! At least the losers get a juice box!
- Rona Lisa Peretti – Kathleen Hewitt
- Vice Principal Douglas Panch – Bob McDonald
- Mitch Mahoney – Michael Lee
- Olive Ostrovsky – Ashley Campbell
- William Morris Barflee – Jeff Lovingood
- Logainne “Schwarzy” SchwarzandGrubenierre – Millie Ollinger
- Marcy Park – Sophie DeCorte
- Leaf Coneybear – A. J. Tompkins
- Charlito “Chip” Tolentino – Nicklaus Smith